Our mission is to make vaccines more accessible, enable innovation and expand immunization across the globe. We seek a future free of vaccine-preventable diseases. We are an innovative, collaborative and committed team that values accountability, teamwork, partnership and impact. We are champions of vaccines that improve lives through vaccination. Sabin’s staff, management and board are committed to developing a diverse, equitable and inclusive team.
The Senior Associate, Digital Communications (VAD) is a detail-oriented and collaborative individual who is a member of Sabin’s Vaccine Acceptance & Demand (VAD) initiative. VAD works with researchers and implementing partners around the world to develop and exchange knowledge that addresses the social and behavioral drivers of vaccine acceptance and demand, and collaborates with organizations around the world to deepen knowledge, skills and connectivity of journalists and health workers to report, communicate or advocate for vaccines and immunization.
The Senior Associate, Digital Communications (VAD) will perform a variety of website, communications, program and administration duties to support and promote the content of the initiative. The position will report to the Senior Director, Vaccine Acceptance and Demand (VAD), with additional on-the-job mentoring from Sabin’s core communications team. The Senior Partner will work closely with the 10-person VAD team, interns and members of Sabin’s communications team.
Digital Communications – Content Development, Creation and Promotion
- In collaboration with VAD staff, coordinates the creation of content for all digital VAD channels – including VaccineAcceptance.org, ImmunizationAdvocates.org, InsightsDialogue.org and VAD-related content on Sabin.org – and its promotion on networks social and other channels as needed.
- Coordinates the optimization, enhancements and maintenance of VAD websites (existing and new web resources) in consultation with communication staff and Sabin vendors.
- Develops and coordinates multimedia content and promotional graphic materials, VAD external digital and social channels, including infographics, videos, event materials and newsletters.
- Coordinates owned, earned and paid media campaigns and performs media campaign analysis independently and with the team and/or external vendors.
- Helps VAD team members produce effective and engaging science communication materials for social media and digital channels, such as blogs, videos, newsletters, website, articles, editorials and others, as needed.
- Improves and supports content design and redesign, development and implementation using audience analytics results.
- Performs analysis of web analytics data, including traffic and audience, using tracking, linguistic analysis and survey skills.
- Monitors metrics/analytics for digital campaigns, digital and social media channels and produces recurring reports for VAD programs as required. Regularly advises on tactics to drive traffic, improve content and increase engagement based on metrics/analytics.
- Develops, organizes and maintains an editorial calendar for all planned promotional content for events related to VAD programming (written releases and presentations).
Programmatic and administrative support
- In coordination with the Senior Director, VAD, ensure communications are delivered on time and within budget. Coordinates with external vendors related to job duties, including graphic designers, editors, science writers, marketing, and website vendors as needed.
- Ensures quality control of content provided by external suppliers or contributors
- Participates and represents the VAD initiative in internal editorial or communication meetings. Supports the development of bi-monthly reports to funders and quarterly reports to the Board, enhancing the team’s communication achievements.
- Works with team members to support remote and in-person events.
- Provides assistance with editing, formatting and document management.
- Cultivates collaborative relationships with Sabin colleagues and partners to stay informed of the latest organizational and field developments.
- Other programmatic and administrative tasks, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as communications or graphic design
- 4+ years of relevant experience in digital communications and social media or relevant communications fields
- Proficiency in analytical and technical writing in English
- Technical/specialist knowledge in WordPress websites, UX design, social media,
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, Animator, and Photoshop), web design/editing tools, and HTML code design
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, Word) and Zoom video conferencing
- Excellent coordination and administrative skills
- Excellent communication and diplomatic skills (listening, writing, speaking)
- Must demonstrate interest in continuing Sabin’s mission
- Demonstrated success in writing, proofreading and editing complex documents
- Strong attention to detail, ability to handle complex tasks, highly organized, flexible and reliable
- Strong interpersonal skills; effective in building strong relationships with colleagues and others over geographic distance
- Uses feedback from staff and partners to adapt and improve plans and results
- Ability to quickly process information
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team
- Ability to work proactively, set priorities and meet short and long term project deadlines
Important attributes for Sabin:
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Decision making
- Communication and professionalism
- Initiative and ownership
- Productivity and quality control
- Professional Development/Personal Learning
How to register
To be considered, please complete an application at sabin.org under Careers.
No phone calls, please. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Salary according to qualification and experience. Sabin Vaccine Institute offers a generous benefits package.
Sabin is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability or genetic information, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy or sexual orientation), marital status, marital status, veteran or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws