This is a dynamic and versatile position within a hospitality and live concert group, comprising the Laundry Bar, Bad Decisions Bar and George’s Bar, all located on Johnston Street, Fitzroy. The role of the Marketing and Social Media Manager is to manage all social media accounts for the three companies from planning to execution, as well as additional online and offline marketing channels, as well as additional duties as needed. to support the rest of the team as needed, if necessary.
Responsibilities and duties
- Develop and maintain an ongoing and in-depth understanding of the three bars and their respective cultures, voices and brand values, liaising with office staff and site managers, as well as your own ongoing personal research and knowledge on digital marketing trends and concepts.
- Manage social media accounts for the three sites. This will include the planning, creation and scheduling of content. We have Facebook and Instagram accounts for all three sites, as well as additional accounts like TikTok, Twitter, etc. brands.
- Manage the largest online presence for all sites. This includes:
- Websites (keeping content up to date)
- Email Marketing – design and implement EDMs.
- Google business listings, including updating trading hours as needed and uploading new photos regularly.
- Digitization of press / media / third party site listing sites to ensure that our sites’ representation stays up to date.
- Assist the Reservations Manager in managing our Oztix account for all paid events. Creation / update of lists, sending of promotional EDMs to the database.
- Liaise with weekend photographers, select and organize their submissions each week, identify problems if they arise (lead times / quality / quantity).
- Work closely with our Reservations Manager to make sure you are on all upcoming concerts and events for all venues. Make sure artwork and promotional elements are complete and shared with all parties involved, make sure every event is live on all social, ticketing channels.
- Work closely with the office team and site managers to ensure you stay up to date, discuss areas that need attention, retargeting or refocusing in terms of converting in ticket sales, attendance or customer behavior.
- Compose / generate / review any necessary copies for press / media, events, brand statements, applications, internal documentation as required for the three sites.
- Keep a close eye on trends relevant to all three locations, to help the team come up with new ideas for in-house events, branding, or promotional campaigns.
- Help the rest of the office with any tasks they may need extra help with. The office team is small. Communication is the key.
- Maintain relationships with site managers and regular event hosts, to assess, review and revise marketing approaches whenever necessary.
- Be constantly brainstorming new ideas to bring to the team, be it branding, campaign ideas, event themes, collaboration ideas.
- Likewise, all the public relations opportunities. Stay across the demographics of all sites and have the ability to respond quickly to any opportunities that may arise to reach them in a
Tertiary responsibilities – GRAPHICS
- Design, design, create and implement promotional illustrations for all internal events and organize external events as required.
- Generate menu updates as needed by site managers
- Design, design, create and implement internal promotional material for all brands. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Social media tiles to indicate announcements, specials, trading hours, etc.
- Signage or decals on site.
- Creative brand building content.
- Gif / Video content for projection on large video screens on both levels of the laundry.
- Branded giphy stickers (for Instagram stories)
- Conceive, design, create and implement any additional graphics tasks that should be required as directed or requested by the rest of the team.
- Manage the relationship with the external printing service for large scale street poster prints as required.
- Basic photo editing if necessary.
- Design of branded products.
Experience / Knowledge
- The successful candidate must have more than 2 years of experience in a similar position.
- You need to have a thorough understanding of the three brands and their very different and specific demographics, voices and aesthetics.
- You need to be able to work fast, act quickly, and multitask.
- You must be excellent in self-management and at the same time, time management.
- Have excellent communication skills and keep the lines open with your teammates, to share and collaborate on ideas, ask for advice, feedback or help.
- Have the initiative and awareness to offer and provide help to other team members.
- You need to be creative, confident and collaborative, with an eye for design and an openness to share / rework / workshop with the rest of the team.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to embody each brand’s voice and values through your words on social media and beyond.
- You have to have the ability to separate the aesthetics and the voices of our brands from each other, and have the ability to quickly switch between them.
- You need to be an energetic and enthusiastic team player who believes in our brands and our culture, and ready to go above and beyond for them.
- In-depth and in-depth knowledge of Instagram, Facebook including troubleshooting.
- Proficiency in the Adobe creative toolset. Photoshop & Illustrator imperative, video and photo editing tools a big plus.
- Strong understanding of print-ready and digital graphics specifications.
- Google suite (gmail / docs / drive / sheets)
- Microsoft Excel + Word / Pages + Numbers on Mac.
- WordPress / Wix (for website management)