It comes after Spurs announced they were dropping Primo from the squad ahead of Friday’s game against the Chicago Bulls.
On Saturday, no explanation has yet been given as to why the team cut ties.
Fans also noticed that Primo’s promotional content on Spurs’ social media pages was mostly removed on Saturday.
Spurs Sports & Entertainment CEO RC Buford said in a statement on Friday that he hoped the decision to waive Primo “would serve the best interests of both the organization and Joshua”.
Primo released a statement to ESPN shortly after the announcement, saying he would use his time away from Spurs to focus on his mental health and heal from trauma.
“I know you are all surprised by today’s announcement. I have sought help to deal with a previous trauma I suffered and will now use this time to focus more fully on my mental health treatment. I hope to be able to discuss these issues in the future so that I can help others who have suffered in the same way. I value privacy right now.
Last month, Primo was expected to miss the start of the pre-season with a left sprain from MCL. However, he was expected to return for the start of the regular season.
Head coach Gregg Popovich said The Associated Press that no further information on Primo’s release would be shared at this time.
“We’ll stick to what we told you,” Popovich said.
It’s still unclear what led Spurs to cut ties with Primo, and no further information has been released at this time. We will provide more information as it becomes available.
Copyright 2022 by KSAT – All rights reserved.