It’s fun to work in a company where people are passionate about what they do! We are looking for a motivated individual who can write, film and edit promotional content for our two television channels. Also responsible for managing the production of innovative commercial spots, from concept to completion.
Experience in scripting, shooting and non-linear editing an asset. This position will also be responsible for producing effective on-air promotions, digital marketing and special projects. Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with all departments.
If you enjoy growth and working with enthusiastic over-achievers, you will enjoy your career with WTWO/WAWV!
- Meet all deadlines, meet scheduling commitments for account executives and/or promotional content.
- Collaborate with the creative team and clients to produce videos and digital content that drive results.
- Work with the Director of Creative Services, Account Executives and Clients to develop, write, film, produce and edit commercial on-air and digital content.
- Work closely with the Director of Creative Services and Director of News to write, film, produce and edit compelling on-air promotions, proof of performance and image campaigns, independently or as part of a team.
- Produce customer-sponsored promotional content as assigned.
- This position is also responsible for the dubbing and transfer of commercials for broadcast on the air.
Requirements & Skills:
- Minimum 1-2 years of sales and/or promotional experience, or communications degree preferred.
- Must be able to provide videotape or images of sample work – include web address with CV or cover letter.
- General understanding of marketing and design.
- Knowledge of high definition (HD) cameras and videography, motion graphics and proper lighting techniques is a plus.
- Editing expertise with Final Cut Pro and the Adobe CC Suite production package, including After Effects and Photoshop.
- The position will involve multiple tasks on a daily basis, as well as the simultaneous management of several publishing projects.
- Must be able to work independently and be part of the team.
- Possess excellent communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Occasional weekends, evenings and holiday shifts will be required.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record as some travel is required for commercial shoots and production meetings with station announcers.
- Additionally, the commercial grower must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.